Sinatra.com General FAQs
Sinatra.com General FAQs
Q: Is it safe to use my credit card on your site?
A: Shopping at Sinatra.com (in conjunction with our commerce vendor & merchant of record Globalware Solutions Inc.) is safe. Our site is protected by SSL encryption technology. Our secure socket layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts your credit card number so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet.
Safe Shopping Guarantee
1. Under the Fair Credit Billing Act, your bank cannot hold you liable for more than $50.00 of fraudulent charges. If your bank does hold you liable for any of this $50.00, Sinatra.com will cover the entire liability for you, up to the full $50.00. Sinatra.com will only cover this liability if the unauthorized use of your credit card resulted through no fault of your own from purchases made at Sinatra.com while using the secure server.
2. In the event of unauthorized use of your credit card, you must notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
Q: Is it safe to use my debit card online?
A: Yes. And please note: If you choose to pay by debit card, the amount you charge will be put on "hold", meaning it will not be available to you once you place your order. Once your transaction is processed, the amount of the transaction will be withdrawn from your bank account and the original "hold" will be voided.
Q: What is the status of my order?
A: Your order status will be available 24 hours after your order has been placed, by simply clicking on the My Account link at the top right corner of Store page. From there, you will be able to view information about your order.
Q: I want to return my purchase! What do I do?
A: If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, we will be happy to accept a return for a replacement, exchange (for item(s) of comparable value) or a refund. You can return your purchase for up to 3 months from the purchase date. Items must be in the condition in which you received them and in the original packaging. The first step in processing a return is for you to contact Customer Service. Email us at Customerservice@sinatra.com or call us at 1-888-699-2915 (888-699-2915). International callers can reach us at 213.785.1957. We're here 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm ET (excluding holidays). Let us know your order # and the item(s) you're returning and we'll give you all the information you need.
Once your return is received and inspected by our warehouse staff (usually within 72 hours of receipt), we will process your refund and automatically apply a credit to your credit card or original method of payment within 7 days. Please note that depending on your credit card company, it may take an additional 2-10 business days after your credit is applied for it to post to your bank account.
For replacements and exchanges, once your return is received and inspected by our warehouse staff (usually within 72 hours of receipt), we will process your request and ship within 7 days.
Q: How long will it be before I receive my order?
A: For domestic shipments:
- Standard- 4-5 business days, but may take up to 12 business days (Please allow additional time for shipments to APO/FPO addresses.)
- Rush- 3 business days
- Overnight- the next business day
(Domestic Physical Merchandise Orders will be shipped the same business day if received prior to 2:00 PM Pacific Time. Orders received after 2:00 PM Pacific Time. will be shipped out the next business day.)
For international shipments:
- Standard- 6-10 business days (Please allow additional time for shipments to APO/FPO addresses.)
- Rush- 3 business days (for most countries)
(International Physical Merchandise Orders will be shipped the same business day if received prior to 9:00 AM Pacific Time. Orders received after 9:00 AM Pacific Time will be shipped out the next business day.)
Q: Can I expedite my shipping?
A: Yes! The following shipping options are available when you check out:
Standard - USPS Priority or First Class (depending on weight of package)
Rush - UPS 3 day select (rush shipping charge will appear in shopping cart during checkout)
Overnight - UPS next day air saver (rush shipping charge will appear in shopping cart during checkout)
Domestic Physical Merchandise Orders will be shipped the same business day if received prior to 2:00 PM Pacific Time. Orders received after 2:00 PM Pacific Time. will be shipped out the next business day.
Standard - USPS First-Class Mail International (TBC)
Rush = UPS Worldwide Saver (rush shipping charge will appear in shopping cart during checkout)
International Physical Merchandise Orders will be shipped the same business day if received prior to 9:00 AM Pacific Time. Orders received after 9:00 AM Pacific Time will be shipped out the next business day.
Sorry, but due to UPS delivery restrictions, expedited shipping is not available for shipments to PO Boxes or APO/FPO addresses.
Please allow additional time for shipments to APO/FPO addresses.
Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
A: We currently accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, & American Express for all orders.
Q: How do I order items with Cashier's Checks or Money Orders?
A: At this time we do not accept personal checks, Cashier's Checks or Money Orders.
Q: Why does it say "Sinatra.com Store (GWS)" on my credit card statement?
A: Globalware Solutions Inc. (or "GWS") is Sinatra.com's commerce vendor & merchant of record, who handles all of your transactions.
Q: Do you ship to addresses outside the United States?
A: Yes we do! We also ship to all US States and Territories. Customer will be responsible for any duties or taxes for orders shipped outside of the US.
Q: Do you ship to PO boxes or Military APO/FPO addresses?
A: Yes, we ship to both PO Boxes and Military APO/FPO addresses. Standard shipping is the only option available for these addresses. Please allow additional time for orders shipped to these addresses.
Q: What are the shipping charges for returning an order?
A: There are no return shipping charges for orders originally shipped to a destination within the United States or its territories, or to an APO or FPO address. Return shipping charges apply to international returns. For details email us at Customerservice@sinatra.com or call us at 1-888-699-2915 (888-699-2915). International callers can reach us at 213.785.1957. We're here 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm ET (excluding holidays). Let us know your order # and the item(s) you're returning and we'll give you all the information you need.
Q: When placing an order I get an error message stating that there has been an authorization failure. What went wrong?
A: Please double check the credit card number and expiration date on your card. Also, please be aware that we currently accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express for credit card payment.
Q: I want to know if you carry a specific title/item.
A: Please go to the Sinatra.com home page and enter your search criteria into the "Search" box in the upper-right corner of the page (right below the "User login" link). You will be shown a list of all items on our site that meet this criteria.
Q: Do you do back orders?
Q: Do you have a catalog?
A: Currently, we have an online catalog. Our entire product line is online; we do not have a physical catalog.
Q: What are cookies? Do I need to enable cookies on my browser to shop at Sinatra.com?
A: A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web site and is stored on your computer"s hard drive. If your browser's preferences allow it (most browsers are installed with cookies enabled), each web site can send its own cookie to your browser. To protect your privacy, cookies do not store personal information but instead use anonymous unique identifiers. Each web site can only access the cookie they have sent to your hard drive, not the cookies sent by other web sites.
You need to enable cookies on your browser to enjoy all the shopping features at Sinatra.com.
Cookies need to be enabled on your browser so you can add products to your shopping cart and to access your Sinatra.com account information. If you share your computer with others and you do not want them to have access to your account information, be sure to log out before leaving your computer unattended. You can log out by clicking on Logout link on the left hand side of the page.
Q: Do you charge sales tax on any item?
We are required by law to collect sales tax on orders shipped within California. The appropriate charges will be added to your merchandise total and displayed on your final order confirmation. Currently digital products are not taxable in the state of California.
International customers are responsible for any and all import taxes, tariffs and duties which may be levied by your customs or government or other authority upon any parcel we send to you.
Sinatra.com Download FAQs
Q: Where are my Sinatra.com downloads stored?
A: The location of your download depends on the applications you use and your operating system.
- If you use the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager application: The default folder named "Sinatra.com Downloads," which can be found in the "My Music" folder on Windows and in the "Music" folder on a Mac. This is where your music will be stored.
- If you use iTunes or Windows Media Player: The Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager will automatically import songs into your chosen media library. This is where your music will be stored. You can change this behavior in the Download Manager's Preferences menu.
- If you do not use the Download Manager: Files are saved to your computer using your Web browser's default save location. Search for ".mp3", ".flac", ".wma" ".m4a" or ".mp4" files on your computer or check your Web browser settings to determine the default location for saving downloaded files.
Q: Do I need to install the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager to buy music?
A: If you choose not to use the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager, your web browser will download each digital music and video file separately.
To cancel the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager installation when prompted, choose "Skip installation and continue." Please also choose "Save" when prompted to download the digital music and video file by your Web browser and wait for the digital music and video file to download completely before buying another digital product. Choosing "Open" will start your default media player but will not save the file to your computer. So, please make sure you choose "Save" when prompted.
A: MP3 is a popular choice for use on most media players (Windows Media Player, iTunes) and portable devices (like an iPod or Zune). However, if you play your music through high quality ear buds, good computer speakers and/or your home stereo, or listen in your car, you will notice a "tinny"Ã‚Â sound from low bit rate MP3s. It"s not as crisp and clear as you'll hear on a CD. The playback is not as true to the original recording as you"ll find using lossless formats (like Apple Lossless, WMA Lossless and FLAC), but the files are smaller and take up less storage space (see file size comparison chart below). An MP3 file can also have higher or lower quality depending on the bit rates (i.e. the higher the bit rate, the greater the quality). Please visit the Sinatra.com Hi-Def catalog (coming soon) to browse our premium music & video digital files.
A: Unlike an MP3, this is a Lossless format, meaning that virtually every bit of the sound/information on the original recording is captured and almost nothing is lost in the coding and decoding of the song. As a proprietary technology of Apple, its use is limited to Apple-licensed devices (like iPods) and software (like Quicktime and iTunes). If you play your music through high quality ear buds, good computer speakers and/or your home stereo you will notice that the sound is as good as your CDs.
A: This is a Lossless format, so almost no sound/information is lost in the coding and decoding process and the listening experience is virtually true to the original recording. As a proprietary technology of Microsoft, its use is limited to Microsoft-licensed devices (like Zune) or software (like Windows Media Player). Without firmware alterations this codec will not play on an iPod.
A:FLAC is a Lossless format, so almost all the information from the original sound stream is retained, and the integrity of the recording is optimal. What sets FLAC apart from Apple Lossless and WMA formats is that this one is an open source format, so it's not tied to or restricted by Apple or Microsoft technology. One note of caution regarding FLAC is that it will require some configurations/add-ons to get this format to play on an iPod or Microsoft-licensed device. A reasonable amount of technical capability is required to enable devices to play FLAC files.
A:It's basically a device or a program that allows you to code and/or decode a digital audio stream. Codecs allow us to place our songs in formats that are easy to store and enjoy.
The most common codecs are MP3, Apple Lossless, WMA Lossless and FLAC. The quality and file sizes vary depending on the type. For example, our MP3s are encoded at 320 kbps bit rate (which is much better than the industry standard of 120 kbps), and the average size of these files is about 8MB. The Lossless codecs offer an even higher level of sound quality, and in turn their file sizes are larger - coming in at about 30 MB per song.
In simplified computer-speak, "bit rate" is basically the amount of information that is stored per second of a recording. A higher bit rate generally means there is more information from the original source material being captured. We offer our MP3s at a bit rate of 320 kbps, which is a higher sound quality than the 256 kbps industry standard.
Q: Which computer operating systems are compatible with Sinatra.com Downloads?
A:You can buy digital music and videos from any computer with a Web browser capable of downloading files from the Internet. The digital music and video files you purchase will download directly to your computer and are compatible with almost any system that meets the System Requirements.
Q: What is an .adlm file?
A:This is the file that informs the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager application about your digital purchase and how to retrieve the files. The Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager then saves the .adlm file to your computer and adds it to your media library.
Q: What if I have trouble downloading my download purchase?
A:Please refer to the tips on our Troubleshooting Download Issues Help page. You may need to adjust your network or Web browser settings to allow downloads from Sinatra.com. At any time you may contact our Customer Service department for assistance. Email us at Customerservice@sinatra.com or call us at 1-888-699-2915 (888-699-2915). International callers can reach us at 213.785.1957. We're here 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm ET (excluding holidays). Let us know the nature of the download problem and we'll help find a solution.
Q: What do I do if I don't have a media player?
A: The digital download files that you purchase from Sinatra.com come in an industry standard format that is widely compatible with most media player applications(like iTunes or Windows Media Player), hand-held music devices, and some CD and DVD players. You will need a media player installed on your computer or a hand-held MP3 player to enjoy your Sinatra.com download purchases.
You can easily find a wide variety of media player software on the Internet. Please check with the software vendor for details about system and format compatibility. The Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager supports Windows Media Player and Apple iTunes and can be configured to automatically add your purchased downloads to the media libraries associated with those applications.
You can download Windows Media Player or Apple iTunes by following the links below: (Clicking these links navigates you away from Sinatra.com.)
Q: Are there any restrictions on how I use the digital music and videos I purchase?
A: When you make a digital purchase from Sinatra.com, you are also accepting and bound by the Sinatra.com Downloads Transaction Terms. The albums, songs and videos you purchase from Sinatra.com are free of Digital Rights Management software so that you have the flexibility to play them on any of your media players, PC or burn them to CD.
Q: Can I burn my music download files on a CD and listen to it on my CD player?
A:Yes. Digital files downloaded from Sinatra.com should be compatible with most CD burning software or CD and DVD players capable of reading digital audio files.
Q: Can I download another copy of my digital files after the initial purchase?
A: Your Sinatra.com Download purchases can only be downloaded once. After you have successfully downloaded the file to your computer at the time of purchase, we recommend that you create a backup copy.
We are currently unable to replace any purchased files that you delete or lose due to a system or disk error. If you encounter a problem with a digital file immediately after purchase, please contact Customer Service so we can determine how to help you.
Q: Can I return a Sinatra.com Download after I buy it?
A: As indicated in the Sinatra.com Download Transaction Terms, music downloads are not returnable once they have been purchased. If you need assistance with a purchase or download, please contact Customer Service.
To reach us via phone, please call 888-699-2915 (888-699-2915). International callers can reach us at 213.785.1957. You can also email us at Customerservice@sinatra.com. Our live customer service associates are available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, seven days a week.
Q: Can international customers buy digital downloads from Sinatra.com?
A: At this time digital downloads are only available to customers using a credit or debit card issued by a U.S bank with a U.S. billing address, or those making the purchase and downloading the file while in the U.S. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Using the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager
- PC: Windows XP or Vista
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.4 or higher
While Sinatra.com and the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager are compatible with the most commonly used Web browsers, you may need to configure your system and browser settings to allow downloads from Sinatra.com to complete successfully.
Adjusting Your Browser Settings
In certain cases, settings on your browser may be preventing your files from being downloaded to your computer. Please refer to your browser's Help section for specific instructions on adjusting your browser settings. Please try the following options, as they may also be helpful:
If you do not enable cookies or only allow cookies temporarily by session, you may be asked to install the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager after each purchase. Always accepting cookies from Sinatra.com will eliminate this type of issue.
- Disable Pop-Up Blockers: You should adjust your browser settings to allow pop-up windows from Sinatra.com. The Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager works with your default browser and will launch new windows to help you complete digital music & video purchases and downloads.
- Enable Downloads from Sinatra.com: You may need to add Sinatra.com to your list of trusted sites or allow downloads from Sinatra.com if your browser displays a security warning.
- Enable Download Notifications: In certain cases, your browser's security settings may be preventing file downloads without notifying you that a download is being attempted, particularly if you use Internet Explorer. Check your browser's security settings to enable automatic prompting for file downloads so you know if your browser is blocking downloads.
Installing the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager
We'll automatically prompt you to install the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager when you make your first digital music &/or video purchase.
To install the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager:
1. Click here to visit the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager install page. You may get an error message if you have not purchased a digital download from the Sinatra.com store.
2. Click the Download Now button.
Testing the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager with your Free Song
We offer you a Free song after the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager installation completes so you can test the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager and make sure it is working. If you are installing the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager to complete your first digital music &/or video purchase, the music you bought will download after the Free song.
Be sure to "Open" the .adlm file if prompted and configure your settings to always use the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager to "Open" .adlm files. The .adlm file type activates the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager and initiates your digital music & video downloads.
After your free song downloads, the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager will open your iTunes or Windows Media Player (if you have either installed) and will automatically import the downloaded song so you can start listening to it. See Importing into iTunes or Windows Media Player for more information.
Using the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager
The Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager streamlines the process of downloading and organizing the digital music & video you purchase by enabling you to queue and download entire albums, multiple songs & videos, and automatically import them into iTunes or Windows Media Player.
Launching the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager
The Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager launches when you select the "Get My Downloads" link on the order confirmation page at the end of your checkout process.
Note: Downloads are only available for two days after purchase. If you saved the .adlm file to your computer, you should "Open" it using the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager application immediately after saving it. If you wait to complete your download, it may expire and no longer be available. If you have difficulty resuming paused downloads, or a purchase that has expired prematurely please contact Customer Service.
Here's where to find and launch the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager application if you need to resume an incomplete download:
- Windows: All Programs > Sinatra.com > Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager
- Mac: Finder>Applications> Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager
Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager Command Buttons
When a download is in progress, the commands listed below will be available depending on the items downloading and their status. If a command is not available for the selected item, the button will be grayed out.
- Pause Downloads: Pauses the download of all albums or songs if any downloads are in progress. Paused items will be available in the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager even if you close and restart the application, but we do not recommend pausing downloads unless you plan to resume the downloads within 6 hours. If you have difficulty resuming paused downloads, please contact Customer Service.
- Resume Downloads: Resumes downloading any previously paused songs.
- Clear Completed: Removes downloaded albums and songs from the download window. If a download was incomplete because you chose to cancel or pause it, selecting this option will not remove those items from your download list. All completed downloads will clear when you close the application.
- View Downloads: The available options vary depending on your operating system.
Show Downloads (Windows)
Reveal in Finder (Mac)
The option you choose opens the default download folder where your Sinatra.com Download purchases are stored on your computer. The default folder is "Sinatra.com Downloads" on your computer. This will typically appear in your "My Music" folder (Windows) or your "Music" folder (Mac). See Locating Downloaded Songs for more information.
Downloading Digital Music & Video Files from Your Media Library
For the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager to move downloads into iTunes or the Windows Media Player you'll have set that as a preference in the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager Settings. For more information, please consult Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager Menu Options.
Using Downloads with your Media Player:
1. Launch the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager.
2. Select "File/Preferences . . ." from the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager Menu.
3. If you do not wish to use the import function, choose the desired default player (either iTunes or Windows Media Player) under the "Media Library" section. Then click on "Do Nothing".
The options for "Add it to iTunes" or "Add it to Windows Media Player" will only appear if those applications are installed on your computer system.
A Note about Using iTunes
Backing up your music files is a valuable option, when managing your music library. And, we have set up a folder to do that for you.
When the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager saves songs to your computer, it saves them to a folder called "Sinatra.com Downloads" by default. This folder is located within the "My Music" folder in Windows or the "Music" folder on a Mac. We recommend using the default folder, but you can change this setting if you wish.
To change the default location for saving your files:
1. Launch the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager.
2. Select "File/Preferences . . ." from the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager menu.
3. Click the Change button in the Output Directory section.
4. Select a folder from the list.
5. If you wish to create a subfolder inside the selected folder, click the Make New Folder button.
6. Click the OK button when finished.
Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager Menu Options
The following options are available in the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager menus:
- Prefs: Opens the Preferences window where you can adjust the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager settings. More information is available below under Changing Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager Preferences.
- File/Exit: Closes the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager application.
- Help/Show Help: Opens the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager application Help page in a Web browser window.
- Help/Check for Updates: Checks Sinatra.com for a newer version of the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager application.
- Help/About: Displays version information for the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager application.
To access the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager Preferences, choose "File" from the menu and then click on the "Preferences" option. Here's a list of the settings you can customize:
- Output Directory: This option allows you to change the location of your stored downloads from the default directory. Click the Change button to choose or create a new folder. Click the OK button when you are finished.
- Media Library: Select a supported media player from the pull-down menu if you want your purchases added to your media library automatically. The media players currently supported are iTunes and Windows Media Player. If you choose to "Do Nothing," your music files will be stored in the "Sinatra.com Downloads" folder and can be added to your desired media library manually.
- Automatically check for updates: Clicking the box next to this option will automatically enable the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager to check for critical updates when you open the application.
Double-Check the Download
The digital music or video file may not have downloaded completely. Launch the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager application to check the progress of each download.
Problems with System Settings
Anti-virus programs, firewalls, or browser settings can sometimes prevent files from downloading. Here are some adjustments you can make that may help you complete your download:
Refer to your system or browser documentation for specific instructions. If you are using the Sinatra.com Advanced Download Manager, you may be able to launch the application and complete your download after adjusting your settings.
Downloads in Internet Explorer
If you use Internet Explorer and continue to have download problems after checking the items above, try adjusting your browser's security settings (these instructions are specific to Internet Explorer versions 6 and 7):
1. Click on the Tools button (this is a button in IE 7 and a file option in IE 6).
2. Select Internet Options and click on the Security tab.
3. On the Security tab, click the "Custom Level" button.
4. In the Download section, select Enable under "Automatic prompting for file downloads" and "File download."
5. Click the "OK" button on the Security Settings and Internet Options screens to confirm your changes.
Can you not add your downloads to iTunes?
If you're having trouble adding your downloads to your iTunes library, make sure you're running the latest version.
Also be sure to check iTunes for the latest updates that are available.
iTunes > Help > Check for Updates